12 October 2009

Morning Rant, 12 October 2009

Last night's multi-player was legendary. It was a three-hour bout of ODST Firefight that went on and on and on and on. It just seemed endless. If I'd had some blazingly brilliant scores, I might have been less let down, but once again I seemed to be low man on the totem pole. Reibochief mowed down nearly 600 Covenant with the warthog. Matt64 did the same with his chopper. I trailed, manning the turret on the warthog... And, let me tell you this about manning the warthog, when it beaches itself on a boulder or snags a futuristic lightpole, that's the Xbox Live signal for every AI Covenant douche to put bullets in my ass. Every alien gun on the map instantly targeted my hind quarters, rampantly spraying me with projectiles and plasma.

When we finally all died, it was blessing in disguise. I was whipped. I felt like I'd been gaming 30 hours, not 3. I think, at my age, I'm only good for one of those per week.

Well, I caught the CoD4 bug again. I woke up around 4AM, and I felt alert enough to play. I'm really enjoying FFA, even though I rarely finish in the top 3. It's OK. It's a really good time, and that's what counts. I'm going to play a bit more to get myself accustomed to the IW game engine again. It's weird. WaW & CoD4 are the same engine, but the games play entirely differently. They feel way different to me, anyway.

I'm gonna change to silenced weapons for a while to see if it makes all that much difference. I doubt it, but it'll be cool to try it out.

Update: Well, it makes a difference, if I'm on. If I'm feeling sluggish, it doesn't make much difference. But when I'm in the groove, it makes a difference between a good game and a great game.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker