05 January 2010

Call of Duty and Gaming Links, 5 January 2010



    I went on a little quest. I want to game from an Xbox 360 memory unit, so I can take my profile with me to my other machine. My primary unit is in Reibo's man cave, and I hate to play on it and disturb him when he's tired. If I can game from my incredibly overpriced 512mb memory unit, I can take my primary gamer profile and use it on my own 360 Elite. The Xbox Live system supposedly gives you the Game on the Go™ option, which lets you take your gamer profile and use it to play on your friend's 360, etc. So, like a dope, I went to the Xbox 360 Game on the Go™ site. Well, the web page sings the praises of the memory unit, showing off achievements and game saves at a friend's house, and so on. But there's nary a mention or a hyperlink to how to actually copy your gamer profile onto the memory unit. After a little more googling, I found a page on moving your profile to/from the Xbox 360 memory unit, called "Account Roaming". Apparently, all that about "copying" is outdated crap from the Pleiocene epoch of Xbox Live. It was never updated by Microshaft. Now, you have to move your gamer profile from the Xbox 360 hard drive to the memory unit, not just copy it. They just never bothered to change that on their other site. Douchebags. So, I have to think this out a bit more, apparently. I'm not ready yet to make the power move of moving my primary gamer profile to a memory unit. On to the links:
    More Gaming Links:
    Non-Gaming Links:

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker