17 January 2010

Morning Vent, 17 January 2010


Yeah, I'm stoked. And scared. :)
 

    While I surfed for news items yesterday, I had the Arizona Cardinals and New Orleans Saints game playing. It was a horrifying massacre. Reggie Bush just ran rampant against a weak Cardinals defense, man. I'm hoping and praying the Jets put up a good show today...


Boys! Avenge me! Avenge me!
 

    In today's main blog, I added some links about the Red Dawn-inspired video game, Homefront. Putting those links together brought all kinds of memories back of Red Dawn. It became (and still is) fashionable among leftist douches to bash the movie. Admittedly, there was plenty in the movie that was improbable. But I still loved its simple (some say simplistic) patriotism. It was 1984, the height of the Reagan Era; I was 22, full of the optimistic patriotism that culminated about a year later in my enlistment in the Army. Despite the accumulated cynicism of age and experience, I always get choked up at the end of the movie with the voice over narration about Patriot Rock.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker