20 May 2010

Morning Vent, 20 May 2010

 Poor trigger discipline. But I forgive her. ;-)

    Reibo and I did some shopping yesterday afternoon and stopped by the Hub for a couple. We were in and out fairly quickly, tho. Roseanne stopped by to give me her congrats on landing the CNSE job. It was nice to bask in the warmth of her love and friendship for a little while. Love ya, Roseanne! 
    I've got an inexpensive hotel booked for next week, as I have to train for 5 days for the new job before starting on my regular shift. A serious stroke of luck (or the intervention of my former and now present manager) landed me on the same shift I'd enjoyed for so many years: Night One. I'll be working Sun-Tues and every other Saturday on a rotational basis. I always loved Wednesday morning after work; it was the best time of the week for me. I hope to duplicate that experience now in the new job, with the extra added bonus of going to Moroney's Hub for some cold ones on Wednesday night.
    On the gaming front, I came to the decision not to buy the Modern Warfare 2 map pack coming up June 3rd. I'm not playing Modern Warfare 2 lately; playing with less than 6 people is pretty infuriating. In MW2 it's virtually a guarantee of getting your ass kicked. Reibo feels the same way. Plus, with my new job and the travel requirements, I might not be in much condition to game in any case. 
    I went online briefly a couple of days ago, but that was only to play some Call of Duty: World at War single player. I replayed the Heart of the Reich and Downfall levels. Playing on Regular difficulty, those levels were amazingly more difficult solo than co-op. In fact, they were the usual Call of Duty drill: Sniper you can't see putting a bullet in your head; Nazi submachine gunner with super-accuracy; grenade delivered right into the crack of your ass by psychic enemies; and endlessly spawning enemies unless you tripped whatever action trigger was necessary to end the level.
    I'm hoping Call of Duty: Black Ops avoids that, but it's Call of Duty, and that means it'll be a crank to play solo.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker