27 May 2010

Morning Vent, 27 May 2010

 That miniskirt won't limit her firing stances - I hope.

    I finished up my first work week last night. Due to some work going on at the fab, there was little training that could actually be done, but we did the best we could. I feel right at home, since the personnel, processes, and problems are largely a known quantity. After over 20 years of working in semiconductors, there's little that I haven't seen at one point or another. Only the details of software are different, and that will be a learning curve for me to overcome. Another learning curve will be adjusting to the slower pace of an R&D versus manufacturing fab. It will be interesting to see what that will be like once I start my permanent night shift assignment this Saturday.
    I was pleased that, after 9 months of relative inactivity, I handled the work days pretty well. Tired feet and a little stiffness were about all. Spending 12 hours on your feet takes a bit of the starch out of anyone. ;-) I met with the opposite day shift yesteday evening and met some old work buds, and, like the folks who welcomed me to CNSE this week, they all had nothing but positive things to say about their work experience there.
    The agenda for me now is to find a crash pad near the work site. I'll be trying to finalize that today. I probably won't be able to move in right away. I also have to arrange for a futon or something to sleep on. But one thing at a time, I guess. The hotel I'm staying at is cheap enough that I can crash here temporarily until I'm moved into the new place. I'm not planning on bringing anything into the apartment other than what I need to sleep and communicate. I hate moving, so this is a place just for sleeping during the work week, period.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker