12 November 2010

Evening Vent, 12 November 2010.

Started the first draft of my essay on the online match-making process. Still in the early, rough stages (like me!) but I hope to make it both entertaining and informative.
Tomorrow, I'm scheduled for some gaming with old friend Matt. I'm really looking forward to it. My tentative plan is to tune up with a few bot matches before he comes over. Then, we'll venture forth online to try our hand versus the human beings. I'm expecting to get epically spanked, as usual.
Thought there was talk of a White Plains gun show or computer show this weekend, but I don't know for sure. I texted Reibo to check, but I guess he hasn't gotten the page.
The meeting at work on Thursday was pretty awesome. Over and above the nice meal they gave us after, the signs are all positive for continued good growth, 5-10 years out. It's an amazing thing for me, since I'd grown accustomed to gloom and doom in my industry over the past 10 years, culminating in a heart-breaking layoff after 21 years, 9 months of faithful service as as semiconductor prole.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker