06 March 2011

Morning Vent, 6 March 2011

Camouflage GungalTM hides her naughty bits...

    Sunday is one of my all-time favorite days of the week now, as I almost always have the day with my beloved Effie!! We've been pretty spoiled lately, as we've had a lot of time together, and we're hoping to continue spoiling each other for years and years to come. 



    So, what's on the horizon for the HQ, gaming-wise? I will certainly buy the upcoming Red Dawn-inspired shooter, Homefront, despite their badly failed publicity stunt at GDC 2011. If nothing else, I'll like the single player campaign. Battlefield 3 also looks pretty likely, if I like the game mechanics. I tried to play the Xbox flavor of Battlefield, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, and I was consistently stumped by the mission objectives. Frankly, I like straight up combat the best, with enough realism to make it exciting and enough game-like elements to make it less of a drag to play. So, I actually liked the single player games for the other EA titles Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Medal of Honor.
    Playing the games will likely be in smaller increments than before. I have a real life now, and a gal who deserves as much of my attention as I can muster, so gaming is strictly secondary. And I don't feel like I'm giving anything up, either. On the contrary, sometimes gaming feels like a chore when it takes away time from being with the woman I love more than anything in the world. Moving on...

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker