24 November 2009

Morning Vent, 24 November 2009


My favorite slavegirl... Yummy!

It's been 32 years since the original Star Wars came out. I was a high school sophomore, and I had had the experience partially spoiled by reading the Star Wars comic adaptation which came out at the same time as the movie. I wasn't an instant fan, since I had been a Trekker forever. But the movie grew on me, and, years later, as a college student, I actually stood on line for the premiere of Empire. I don't think anything has ever captured the magic of seeing that movie. I saw it down in New York City with my friend Bob V. and my brother, Reibo. Despite the ridiculous space whale, I loved Empire and its dark vision of the Force... Maybe that's why the subsequent movies have been such a disappointment, too. Ewoks, Jar-Jar Binks, and a 9 year old douchebag Anakin Skywalker killed the franchise for me.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker